Most Recent News
Russian Arctic Platform Starts Production, Will Produce 120,000 BPD!
Monday, April 21, 2014
- First load of crude transferred to tanker, protests over, production begins
Canadian Oil Will Hit 3.9 Million Barrels Per Day In 2015
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
- The big question is "Where will it all go?"
Colorado Oil Production Breaks All-Time Record!
Monday, April 14, 2014
- Looking for work? Look to Colorado
200 Million Barrels Of Crude Sitting In Texas Tank-Farms
Thursday, April 10, 2014
- Can't sell it overseas, can't ship it to the U.S.
CA Town Built on Oil Bans Drilling
Monday, March 24, 2014
- Talk about biting the hand that feeds you!
A New Path to Oilfield Jobs - Company-owned Tech Colleges!
Wednesday, April 09, 2014
- NOV fills half the U.S. classes with veterans
Another Pipeline Ruptures in Texas
Wednesday, November 06, 2013
- In the midst of pipelines fighting for approval, another rupture of crude oil spills via pipeline, in Texas, leaving at least one family evacuated from their home....
Largest Pipeline From The Bakken is Proposed
Tuesday, November 05, 2013
- A Calgary Based company in Canada has proposed to run the largest ever pipeline from the Bakken Shales of North Dakota to Canada, crossing over Minnesota and Wisconsin in the process...
Who Really Profits From Oil and Gas
Monday, November 04, 2013
- There are so many arguments that begin and end with oil and gas leases. Perhaps the biggest argument, is the same issue that plagues so many different aspects of government, money...
Another Pipeline is Being Built (NOT the Keystone XL), But The Challenges Are Familiar
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
- Canadian pipeline transport giant Enbridge has hit a snag in its plans to build the Sandpiper Project, a 24-inch pipeline that would stretch 600 miles from Beaver Lodge, ND, to Superior, WI.
Alternative fuels from the tar sands
Monday, June 11, 2012
- Methanol and dimethyl ether from the tar sands can replace gasoline and diesel.
Oil & Gas Exploration
Proof The Feds Are Stalling On Oil And Gas
Thursday, April 17, 2014
- Map gives whole new meaning to "Red State"
Offshore Rig Pounded By Rogue Wave, Taking On Water
Thursday, April 17, 2014
- Platform not tilting and in no danger of sinking
The Problem With The Monterey Shale in California
Monday, April 07, 2014
- How would YOU drill into something like this?
California Governor Jerry Brown Backs Fracing, Taking Heat From Environmental Activists
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
- The strange politics of the Golden State take an odd twist over the quest for oil
Brazilian Oil Giant's Platform Tilts, 77 Workers Moved To Safety
Monday, March 03, 2014
- Specialists remain on board to correct ballast issue
Canada Rig Counts
Canada Rig Count for Week ending 4/4/2014
Friday, April 04, 2014
- Baker-Hughes rig count for oil and gas in Canada
Finance and Investing
BP Will Create Create New Entity Just For Onshore Oil And Gas In U.S.
Friday, March 07, 2014
- New company will have its own management team tailored to demands of drilling in lower 48 states.
Fed Judge Rules Lawyers In Ecuador Used Fraud And Bribery, Big Win For Chevron
Wednesday, March 05, 2014
- After two decades of court battles, Chevron finally gets Justice
Nabors CEO Sees Good Times Ahead With Walking Rigs
Sunday, February 23, 2014
- Demand for newer rigs expected to be strong in 2014
Occidental Petroleum Spinning-off California Assets, Shell Sells North Sea Holdings
Thursday, February 20, 2014
- BP, Marathon, Devon and ConocoPhillips are doing the same. What's that all about?
Lawyers Find New Way To Make Big Money Off Major Oil Companies
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
- A new wrinkle on the environmental cleanup angle
Gotta Love That Righands Radio! (1/18/13)
Friday, January 18, 2013
- Righands Radio aired today at 6:30pm (EST) Special thanks to our guest Todd Melby.
Tune Into Righands Radio! (1/17/13)
Thursday, January 17, 2013
- Righands Radio aired live today at 6:30p.m. (EST). Listen to the podcast now!
Time For More Righands Radio! (1/16/13)
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
- Righands Radio will air live today at 6:30p.m. (EST)
Righands Radio! (1/15/13)
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
- Get your daily fix of what's going on in the Patch. Righands Radio will be airing today at 6:30 EST.
Crank Up That Righands Radio! (1/14/13)
Monday, January 14, 2013
- Righands Radio aired live today at 6:30 p.m. (EST)
Most Americans support Keystone XL Pipeline. Who knew?
Thursday, April 24, 2014
- More than 60 percent of likely voters like the pipeline.
Feds Issue New Order, Test Crude Before Shipping Or Pay $175,000 Per Day
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
- Feds say Bakken crude is more dangerous and must be identified
Update - Mississippi River Reopened After Oil Barge Collisiion
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
- Closing the river costs U.S. economy $290 million plus per day
Barge Collision Causes Oil Spill, Shuts Down Mississippi River
Monday, February 24, 2014
- 65-mile stretch of river closed to all traffic, traffic starts to back up