Most Recent News
Not Just Another Offshore Rig!
Wednesday, May 01, 2013
- This amazing platform was created out of Lego bricks by an artist named Tobias Vogt. The roughly 3 foot high and 3 foot wide rig took more than 90 days to build and consists of thousands of bricks and connectors.
Alaska Cuts Oil Taxes, Production And Jobs Boom Expected
Monday, April 15, 2013
- On Sunday, the Alaskan State Legislature gave oil companies roughly $750 million in annual tax relief to increase production and investment in the giant North Slope oil field.
Oil Workers Paid Three Dollars an Hour May Finally Get Justice
Saturday, April 13, 2013
- On Wednesday, four Australian oil rig workers finally got their day in court. For almost two years, July 2009 to March 2011, they worked 12 hours a day, seven days a week, on two offshore rigs. As specialized Marine Painters, they were paid $32 a day
Cleanup is Underway on Exxon Pipeline Break in Arkansas
Friday, April 05, 2013
- Exxon's Pegasus pipeline in Arkansas ruptured on Friday, just 48 hours after a Canadian Pacific train derailed in Minnesota.
Rig Leg Collapses, No Injuries Reported
Wednesday, April 03, 2013
- Safety is always a concern on any rig and two recent accidents highlight the risks of drilling
Oilfield Worker Saves Daughter From Moore, OK Tornado
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Cody Shipman is an oilfield worker in New Mexico two weeks a month. The other two weeks he spends at home with his family, in Moore, Oklahoma. On Monday, he was in at home, not hundreds of miles away, earning a paycheck.
Oklahoma Disasters May 2013
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Oklahoma devastation May 20, 2013.
Oil Rig Worker is The 5th Worst Job in America...Really?
Friday, May 03, 2013
- A website named CareerCast.com has released a survey ranking 200 different jobs from best to worst. The company behind the website describes itself as a provider of "career guidance" and does this report annually.
Do You Know...? Best Oil/Gas States To Raise A Child
Monday, December 31, 2012
- What two oil and/or gas producing states ranked in the top ten of 'the best states to raise a child in'?
Do You Know....? Leading Causes of Death In Oil/Gas Workers
Monday, December 31, 2012
- What are the top three leading causes of death in the oil and gas industries in the U.S.?
Another Pipeline is Being Built (NOT the Keystone XL), But The Challenges Are Familiar
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
- Canadian pipeline transport giant Enbridge has hit a snag in its plans to build the Sandpiper Project, a 24-inch pipeline that would stretch 600 miles from Beaver Lodge, ND, to Superior, WI.
Alternative fuels from the tar sands
Monday, June 11, 2012
- Methanol and dimethyl ether from the tar sands can replace gasoline and diesel.
Oil & Gas Exploration
Walking, Talking 102-Foot-Tall Rig Arrives in Marcellus-Utica
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
- Something big, really big, is coming to the Marcellus and Utica Shale formations.
Bakken Oil Reserves Just DOUBLED in Size!
Monday, May 06, 2013
- Last Tuesday, the United States Geological Survey (USGS) issued an updated estimate of how much oil and gas is in the Bakken and Three Forks formations. The formations include parts of North Dakota, South Dakota and Montana.
New Online Service - GPS Vendor Locator!
Sunday, April 28, 2013
- Now there's a new, convenient way for oil and gas companies to connect with vendors!
Search Oilfield Jobs by GPS!
Thursday, April 25, 2013
- The most often asked question in the Oilpatch is "Where are the jobs and who's hiring today?"
Encana Sets Example as Good Neighbor While Drilling
Monday, April 08, 2013
- Encana, a leading Canadian oil company is drilling in Mead, Colorado, and the approach they are taking is a textbook example of how to be a "good neighbor".
Finance and Investing
Mexican Oil Workers Retire at Age 55 on Full Salary... For Now
Thursday, April 18, 2013
- On Tuesday, Pemex CEO Emilio Lozoya announced that the State-owned oil giant (7th largest in the world) has begun negotiating with the oil worker's union over restructuring of the worker's pension plan.
Record $4.5 billion Fine in BP Settlement. That's Going to Leave a Mark!
Thursday, November 15, 2012
- Oil giant BP has formally agreed to plead guilty (subject to federal court approval) to misconduct and negligence charges and pay a massive $4.5-billion fine.
There's a New Sheriff in Town And His Name is Ivan!
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
- In a surprise move that will change the standings the global energy market, Russian oil and gas giant Rosneft announced on Monday, October 22nd, 2012, that it will buy complete ownership of TNK-BP, Russia’s third largest oil producer.
Bitumen to Methanol
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
- Methanol is a high-value chemical and fuel that can be derived from bitumen.
Natural Gas Demand and Alcohol-Based Fuels
Saturday, August 25, 2012
- Switching to alcohol-based fuels can increase demand and prices for natural gas.
Gotta Love That Righands Radio! (1/18/13)
Friday, January 18, 2013
- Righands Radio aired today at 6:30pm (EST) Special thanks to our guest Todd Melby.
Tune Into Righands Radio! (1/17/13)
Thursday, January 17, 2013
- Righands Radio aired live today at 6:30p.m. (EST). Listen to the podcast now!
Time For More Righands Radio! (1/16/13)
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
- Righands Radio will air live today at 6:30p.m. (EST)
Righands Radio! (1/15/13)
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
- Get your daily fix of what's going on in the Patch. Righands Radio will be airing today at 6:30 EST.
Crank Up That Righands Radio! (1/14/13)
Monday, January 14, 2013
- Righands Radio aired live today at 6:30 p.m. (EST)