Most Recent News
Semi-submersible Rig Back in Tow After Two Days Adrift in Stormy North Atlantic
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
- All crewmembers safe as vessel resumes journey to Mississippi
North Sea Oil Platforms Evacuated Ahead of Fierce Storms
Friday, December 06, 2013
- Hundreds of oil and gas workers are flown to shore by helicopter
Texas Oil Production Hits Numbers Not Seen Since 1987!
Wednesday, December 04, 2013
- Volume more than doubles in past three years!
What Would Happen If Terrorists Seized An Offshore Oil Or Gas Rig?
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
- Authorities worldwide are taking the risk VERY seriously!
Living Large in Odessa! Where Are YOU Bunking Tonight?
Monday, November 25, 2013
- Beats living in your truck and meals are included!
Another Pipeline Ruptures in Texas
Wednesday, November 06, 2013
- In the midst of pipelines fighting for approval, another rupture of crude oil spills via pipeline, in Texas, leaving at least one family evacuated from their home....
Largest Pipeline From The Bakken is Proposed
Tuesday, November 05, 2013
- A Calgary Based company in Canada has proposed to run the largest ever pipeline from the Bakken Shales of North Dakota to Canada, crossing over Minnesota and Wisconsin in the process...
Who Really Profits From Oil and Gas
Monday, November 04, 2013
- There are so many arguments that begin and end with oil and gas leases. Perhaps the biggest argument, is the same issue that plagues so many different aspects of government, money...
Shooting in East Texas Halliburton Yard
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
- Last night in Kilgore Texas, the Halliburton plant underwent some strange events...
Halloween Stories or Haunted Rigs?
Monday, October 28, 2013
- With Halloween quickly approaching, scary stories seem to emerge out of the dark...
Another Pipeline is Being Built (NOT the Keystone XL), But The Challenges Are Familiar
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
- Canadian pipeline transport giant Enbridge has hit a snag in its plans to build the Sandpiper Project, a 24-inch pipeline that would stretch 600 miles from Beaver Lodge, ND, to Superior, WI.
Alternative fuels from the tar sands
Monday, June 11, 2012
- Methanol and dimethyl ether from the tar sands can replace gasoline and diesel.
The Cost of Production and Energy Return of Oil Sands - Energy Collective
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
The Cost of Production and Energy Return of Oil SandsEnergy CollectiveToday's article continues the series covering my recent trip to the Athabasca oil sands around Fort McMurray, Alberta. This is an annual trip that the Canadian government hosts for energy journalists, and expenses for the trip were paid for by the ...and more »
Oil & Gas Exploration
Winter Has Arrived In The Bakken!
Thursday, December 05, 2013
- Minus 23F and it's only December 5!
Exploratory Well Gone Bad, REALLY BAD!
Thursday, November 21, 2013
- Still burning 40 years later!
BSEE Recommends Safety "Stand Down" For All Offshore Platforms
Monday, November 11, 2013
- In an industry where time is money, will offshore operators comply?
What Does Working in The Bakken Really Pay?
Thursday, November 07, 2013
- Are these numbers and requirements accurate or these New York-based writers just blowing smoke?
Finance and Investing
$220,000 USD Per Year To Cook On An Offshore Rig? Grill baby, Grill!
Tuesday, December 03, 2013
- Cooks at sea can earn a REALLY good paycheck.
Do YOU Own a Piece of The Rock?
Sunday, November 03, 2013
- You work hard in the patch, but how hard is your money working for you?
Venezuela's Oil... It's Just Not Worth The Risks!
Saturday, November 02, 2013
- Drill baby drill, just do it somewhere else.
Man Loses $6,400 to Scammers While Trying For Offshore Oil Job!
Monday, October 14, 2013
- He thought he was on-track to get a job on North Sea oil platform. Have you seen anything like this?
Gotta Love That Righands Radio! (1/18/13)
Friday, January 18, 2013
- Righands Radio aired today at 6:30pm (EST) Special thanks to our guest Todd Melby.
Tune Into Righands Radio! (1/17/13)
Thursday, January 17, 2013
- Righands Radio aired live today at 6:30p.m. (EST). Listen to the podcast now!
Time For More Righands Radio! (1/16/13)
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
- Righands Radio will air live today at 6:30p.m. (EST)
Righands Radio! (1/15/13)
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
- Get your daily fix of what's going on in the Patch. Righands Radio will be airing today at 6:30 EST.
Crank Up That Righands Radio! (1/14/13)
Monday, January 14, 2013
- Righands Radio aired live today at 6:30 p.m. (EST)
Southern Leg Of Keystone Will Be Completed January 3rd!
Saturday, December 07, 2013
- More oil on the move means more drilling will be needed.
Gas Pipeline Explodes And Burns South of Dallas
Thursday, November 14, 2013
- Drilling rig destroyed but no injuries reported.
Train Carrying Crude Derails In Alabama, 300-foot Flames Seen Miles Away
Friday, November 08, 2013
- Smoldering tanker-cars will be allowed to burn out
Truck Hauling Crude Oil Leaves Freeway, Catches Fire In California
Monday, October 28, 2013
- Shortly after 9:30 a.m. on Sunday morning, a double tanker truck, which was transporting about 8,500 gallons of crude oil to a local roofing company, crashed into a guardrail in Southern California.
Which Is The Safest Way To Move Oil?
Friday, October 18, 2013
- Train, Pipeline or Truck???