Mexican Oil Workers Retire at Age 55 on Full Salary... For Now
Thursday, April 18, 2013
- On Tuesday, Pemex CEO Emilio Lozoya announced that the State-owned oil giant (7th largest in the world) has begun negotiating with the oil worker's union over restructuring of the worker's pension plan.
Record $4.5 billion Fine in BP Settlement. That's Going to Leave a Mark!
Thursday, November 15, 2012
- Oil giant BP has formally agreed to plead guilty (subject to federal court approval) to misconduct and negligence charges and pay a massive $4.5-billion fine.
There's a New Sheriff in Town And His Name is Ivan!
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
- In a surprise move that will change the standings the global energy market, Russian oil and gas giant Rosneft announced on Monday, October 22nd, 2012, that it will buy complete ownership of TNK-BP, Russia’s third largest oil producer.
Bitumen to Methanol
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
- Methanol is a high-value chemical and fuel that can be derived from bitumen.
Natural Gas Demand and Alcohol-Based Fuels
Saturday, August 25, 2012
- Switching to alcohol-based fuels can increase demand and prices for natural gas.
Getting Around the Dilbit Mire
Friday, August 17, 2012
- People who don't like dilbit might prefer DME.
DME as a future fuel
Sunday, July 29, 2012
- Can DME replace CNG and LNG, and supplement LPG?